Ok, hear me out on this one...quinoa, sweet potato fries, and cabbage wraps. With...wait for it...chipotle mayo.
Don't believe me? Just look.
Drool. Yes, this is tasty. Yes, this is easy. And yes, this is plant powered protein baby! Give it a go and let us know what you think!
Sweet (and normal) potato fries - Adapted from Ree Drumond's The Pioneer Woman Cooks
6 small sweet potatoes
1 giant normal potato
1/2C Earth Butter
1 tsp salt
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder (more if you're a garlic monster)
Preheat to 450 F
1. Wash potatoes and peel. Cut into fries-like shapes.
2. Melt butter, mix seasonings into butter.
3. Toss fries and butter mix in a large bowl.
4. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 15 to 17 min, shaking a few times.
5. Try not to eat too many! These are meant for your wraps!
Quinoa : Cook a few cups ahead of time and use throughout the week. This is a great time saver.
Cabbage : Cut this sucker up! Whatever you don't use, make into a coleslaw (recipe coming this week)
Chipotle mayo : *Gasp!* But mayo isn't vegan!!? False. This mayo is amazing. Just Mayo. And throw those excuses away. Most grocery stores have vegan mayo in the vegetable/hippy/vegan section. But Just Mayo should be near the regular mayo. That's right, you can have it all and not consume products that will outlive your great great great grandchildren and the apocalypse.
Tortillas : Whatever you like, just make sure it isn't filled to the brim with animal butter.
1. Warm tortillas and spread some Chipotle Just Mayo all over it.
2. Spread a hefty layer of cooked warm quinoa on tortilla.
3. Layer in the fries!
4. Drop some beautiful purple-y goodness (cabbage) all over the top.
5. Add a little drizzle of mayo if desired and WRAP!