Ok, so sometimes you just don't want to go to the store, and you decide to do a "kitchen sink" dinner. My challenge? Incorporate the ungodly amounts of broccoli that was in the fridge, but if you have Brussels sprouts? Go on and live your truth! Brussels Breakfast Burritos is just as catchy!
As you may have assumed after seeing the photos, we also are up to our eye sockets in potatoes. Those were also featured heavily. This is all very simple. Sauté and serve. So let's get to it.
Whatever potatoes you have in the pantry (we used butter potatoes, don't be fooled by the name, these are in fact vegan)
Ungodly amounts of broccoli (this equates to about 4 full crowns)
3 jalapeños, de-seeded
3 cloves garlic
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 can corn
1 can black beans
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
Juice of 1 lemon
1 Tbsp maple syrup
Salt and pepper to taste
2 Cups white sticky rice (use whatever, we're just sick of brown rice)
Tofu, 1 block extra firm
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 tsp turmeric powder
1 Tbsp Nooch (aka nutritional yeast)
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp apple cider vinegar (aka immortality nectar)
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 C plain non-dairy milk (i used coconut)
1/2 C Chipotle mayo (Just Mayo brand)
1 ripe avocado
1 Tbsp ACV
1 tsp maple syrup
1. Cook your rice according to the package. We bought our rice at the international market, luckily there were english directions next to the Korean!
1.a. Chop all potatoes and broccoli into bite size pieces. Mince garlic and jalapeños. Heat oil in large non-stick saute pan. Add garlic, cook for 2 min, stirring. Add potatoes, jalapenos and broccoli.
2. Drain and rinse corn and beans (beans don't really make you pass gas, it's the fluid the beans are floating in. So go on, live your bean truth without the gas!)
3. Add beans and corn. Add spices, lemon juice, and maple syrup. Salt and pepper to taste. Depending on your veggies, you might need more or less of the seasonings. Just use your brain, I trust and believe in you.
4. Heat smaller pan with 1 Tbsp oil. Squeeze some of the juice out of the tofu and crumble into pan. Let tofu get a bit of color on it. Add turmeric, nooch, acv, paprika, and salt and pepper. Add non-dairy milk.
5. Let it simmer down.
6. Blend together chipotle mayo, avocado, acv, and syrup. Give er a taste and salt to your own fancy.
7. Assemble and enjoy!