Who here saves pancakes for a weekend brunch treat? Submerged in syrup, a fresh fruit compote, or even thick creamy peanut butter?
Well save no more. These pancakes by The Big Man's World are a gluten free, low carb, game changer!
If you've been following our blog or instagram, you will know that we are up to our bonnets in zucchini! It's like the scene in Jumanji where the jungle takes over the old house and everyone is running for their lives. Remember? Ok go watch it and you'll understand our zucchini predicament.
We've been trying to come up with new ways to eat squash, and if you haven't already, go check out our zoodles recipe for a delicious raw avenue of consumption. But how do you eat zucchini for breakfast without just sautéing it to a texture consistent with T-rex snot and hiding it in roasted potatoes to make it edible? Easy! Shed it and throw it in some pancakes!!
Get ready to have your zucchini universe....EXPANDED.
What you will need:
1 cup flake cereal of choice rolled oats
1/4 cup plant based milk
1 medium overripe banana
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp sugar free or standard maple syrup
1/2 cup finely shredded zucchini, moisture removed (between towels)
1-2 tbsp chocolate chips optional
*I tripled this recipe.
1. Add all the ingredients except the zucchini and chocolate chips (if adding) to a blender or food processor. I find the food processor works better if you're doubling or tripling the recipe.
2. Blend until nice and smooth.
3. Fold in the zucchini and chocolate chips.
4. Make pancakes in the usual fashion. I used vegan butter to grease the pan and let's be real...it makes the pancakes taste SUPER indulgent and buttery and....you get the picture.
5. Stack the cakes and add your toppings.
6. I like to enjoy mine with syrup, but these would be delish with our berry chia jam.